The life of college students are always at risk of an attack due to their lifestyle. Entering a poorly lit parking lot, walking back to the dorm from a night class, dating new people and working late on campus can put them in to compromising situation. The parents send their children to study knowing that the campus security and dorm safety rules will provide a safe environment but these are not enough for the security of the students. For the security of the college students the parents should give them a pepper spray.
These sprays will help them in time of need. Before you purchase a pepper spray for yourself you should first know about different kinds of it available and also know about its advantages and disadvantages.
1. Froggers: These kinds of pepper spray are effective for the one who is confronted by multiple attackers. The main disadvantage of these kinds of spray is that when it is windy, the droplets might block back to the carrier. Sometimes the droplets take some time to disperse which then make the area uninhabitable if it was sprayed and cause the victims to feel tearing and stinging.
2. Foam: These kinds of pepper spray are effective in an attack which is in close range. The range of these spray is from 6-8 feet away and the ingredients of these sprays stick to the body when it is been sprayed. If the attacker will rub these then it will make the stinging worse because the ingredients of it will spread to skin once it is rubbed. The foam clings to the body of the attacker and it prevents the wind from sweeping away.
3. Stream: These kinds of pepper sprays are effective for the attackers who are in long range. With these kinds of sprays you are able to propel the liquid ingredient as far as 15-20 feet away. It is a kind of spray with high force which makes it effective even in the windy environment. It is ideal for you if you may encounter with vicious animals.
Here is a list of the best pepper spray for college students.
1. Pepper Shot: The pepper shot is great for multiple attackers and its accuracy. It has an angled spray instead of a stream of spray which creates a wide fog and it covers more space. It consists of 10% of Oleoresin Capsicum. A single burst of it is enough to take down the attacker. The trigger actuator of it is easily accessible and it has a holster option. This spray contains up to 20 bursts.
2. Mace Pepper Batons: These kinds of spray are a kubotan which has OC built inside. The kubotan is used as a weapon on bony structures and nerve points. It has a pop-off cap which allows easy and quick access to the activator. It can be sprayed up to 5 feet in distance.
3. Personal Protection Kit: This kit has three products for self-defense which help you to protect in multiple environments. You can be sure to easily access with three sprays in time of need. You should always keep it within your reach. The smaller sprays fit easily on any car visor or key chain and the larger one fits easily in to a purse or pocket. With these sprays, it becomes difficult for the attacker to see and breathe properly. With these dramatic effects you are able to get out safely.
4. Pepper Spray Pen: This type of spray is a clever disguise of a pepper spray in a form of pen. You could include it with your other stationary items and no one will ever know that you have a self defense weapon with you. With just one spray you are able to stop the attacker and it contains up t five bursts of personal security. It consists of Oleoresin Capsicum and it can be sprayed up to the distance of six feet.
5. Sabre Red-law Enforcement Grade: This spray is devastating and it is not lethal. It also contains 10% Oleoresin Capsicum that has major capsaicinoids which with just a single spray produces the greatest level of incapacitation. These are available for the general public. It has nitrogen as a propellant with which effective pressure is maintained always. It is available in both steam and foam spray patterns.